Shooting Star Productions
Shooting Star Productions, founded in 2003 and based in St. Louis, Missouri, is a non-profit theater company performing theatrical productions featuring youth ages five to nineteen.
The mission of Shooting Star Productions is to:
- Provide a positive theatrical experience for young performers.
- Provide quality entertainment for the community.
- Balance the recognition of talent with the opportunity to participate in a theatrical experience when casting young performers.
- Provide an environment where families can work together.
In June, 2003, Shooting Star Productions was created. The musical Annie was cast with 55 youth from the St. Louis and St. Charles, Missouri area. This was just the beginning of what would grow into one of the top companies for child performers in the St. Louis area.
Each year, Shooting Star Productions does two shows. The summer show is a Broadway style musical featuring youth ages 5-19. Our winter production is a non musical featuring grade school age children. The productions focus as much on the techncial elements of the show as it does the perfomers. Families come together as we teach all areas of production. Parents and siblings of cast members can often be found building sets, painting and helping out in a variety of other ways.
In addition, Shooting Star hires a full staff of directors and designers to oversee all elements of the production. If interested in applying for one of these positions, click here for more information.
- Anne Blind – President
- Linda Faddis – Vice President
- Elizabeth Southern – Secretary
- Len Essig – Treasurer
- Marty Strohmeyer – Artistic Director
- Pia Koster
- Jana Allen
- Don Foster
- Michele Stokes
- Michelle Hand
- Rhonda Choflet